Live an authentic life
Personal coaching is a confidential relationship in which you can assess where and who you are, focus on what’s important to you, and make plans to achieve your full potential. It’s an opportunity to learn more about yourself, let go of limiting beliefs and barriers to success and happiness, and to live the best life you can.
Examples of coaching goals
- to develop a more positive mindset and change outdated beliefs
- to build confidence, motivation and resilience
- to set personal goals and achieve desired outcomes
- to create successful relationships with friends, family members and colleagues
- to enhance wellbeing by changing unhelpful habits and taking positive steps towards better health
- to successfully manage life transitions such as divorce and separation, becoming a parent or a step-family, retirement, redundancy, ill-health, loss or bereavement
- to enjoy a happy family life, through resolving conflicts, enhancing parenting and negotiation skills, and bringing out the best in children
- to learn techniques for stress management and relaxation
What people say
‘You helped me steer a difficult path to a joyous new life – thank you.’ – A.M., client
‘I feel so positive – the life balance approach helped spur me on to take action in all parts of my life’ – R.E., client
‘Thank you for your time, listening, reflection and questions . . . I acknowledge your skills and empathy’ – J.E., client
‘I now accept and value myself, and celebrate the person I am’ – T.S., client
My coaching approach
I am qualified through the Institute of Leadership and Management to Level 7 in Executive Coaching and Mentoring. I have trained in Transactional Analysis (TA), Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Solution Focused Approaches in addition to Coaching Happiness, and use a range of appropriate models and techniques drawn from these concepts within a conversational coaching style. Appointments will include time to explore the client’s needs and issues, an exploration of guiding beliefs and values, support to identify goals which can be broken down into manageable steps, and a commitment to agreed actions which will be reviewed at the next session.
Coaching can take place face-to-face at my home in Kendal, or I can provide telephone or Skype coaching for clients who prefer this approach or wish to benefit from not having to travel to appointments. I can also offer e-mail support between sessions if appropriate; this could include self-assessment questionnaires or other developmental tools, which can be evaluated and discussed at the subsequent appointment.
Coaching can vary from a one-off session to a four to eight week total support package. Please get in touch to book a no obligation free telephone consultation to explore how coaching could work for you. I can suggest other personally recommended coaches, counsellors and psychotherapists if that seems more appropriate to your needs.